As part of our commitment to the future of our environment, Coffee Labs Roasters is committed to sourcing sustainable coffee wherever possible while never sacrificing quality.
Sustainably is incredibly important to us at Coffee Labs Roasters. We believe in the local model, which is why we support local businesses and vendors whenever possible. We also support the community through local events and donations, and provide sustainability education to our staff and the community.
As part of our commitment to the environment, we use as many green and sustainable products as possible, and we have an arrangement with the local power company that allows us to have virtually no carbon footprint.
We work hard to bring you sustainable coffee while never sacrificing quality. We do this by working directly with farmers from across the globe and by working with importers who share the same values as we do. The result of these efforts is a wide selection of sustainable coffees we are very proud of.
All of our beans are roasted using absolutely no automation. We use our many years of artisanal experience and well-honed senses to roast each batch to perfection.
Sustainability and quality are the bedrock of our business. Through them we support the community and the environment and bring you a product we are very proud of.
Our goal is for you to enjoy each cup!
View our green certifications
The Coffee Labs Green Commitment:
- We use renewable energy: 35% Wind Power and 65% low impact hydro electricity.
- All of our plastic cups are 100% compostable.
- All paper, napkins and java jackets used in our shop are made from post consumer recycled paper.
- Our wholesale department reuses any boxes that come into the shop to ship our coffee to wholesale customers. Paper from our shredder is used as packaging material.
- We sponsor litter removal for one mile on I-287, just east of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- The benches outside our shop are made from teak grown on a 100% sustainable teak farm in Costa Rica.
- We offer a wide selection of direct trade coffees. Our relationships with our farmers are very important to us.
- We use local products and services whenever possible and we offer locally produced Hudson Valley fresh milk.
- All light bulbs in our shop are compact florescent & Energy Star certified.
- Our used burlap coffee sacks are used for packaging material, donated to local farmers to be re-used, or given to seamstresses to turn into clothing or upholstery.
- We use no disposable plates or utensils in the shop.
- Our restroom is equipped with a low flush toilet.
- We send all of our used coffee ground to Blue Hill at Stone Barns, a local farm to table restaurant.
- 75% of our cleaning products are either all-natural or certified green, and we use cloth rags for all cleaning.
These are only a few of the actions we take to ensure our carbon footprint is as low as possible and support our community. Our green mission is never really done, and we will continue to strive for a better environment one step at a time.