Here are a few of our favorite techniques for brewing coffee at home. For all the techniques you see here, the ideal water temperature is 200-205 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill the bottom water chamber to amount of cups desired 3cp. (Cold Water)
- Fresh Semi-fine ground coffee
- Pre heat water using traditional oil wick or butane heater
- Place freshly ground coffee into top portion of siphon
- As water rises into top vessel gently agitate to ensure full saturation of coffee
- Allow water to rise gently stir 4-5 times
- Adjust heat source to just hot enough to keep water brewing in top vessel
- Steeping time around 75-90secs
- Remove heat source (not just turn off)
- Gently stir 3-4 times
- Coffee should than start to brew back down into bottom vessel
- Coffee is finished it’s brewing once the all the coffee has bubbled down into lower chamber.
V60 Pour Over: