Sustainability in our Community
A coffee house should be the center of a community. Our community supports us, so we support our community. We never say no to requests for donations of coffee or gift cards for local events. Business is a give and take for a coffee house, and we give back what we can.
- We sponsor litter removal for one mile on I-287, just east of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- We use local products and services whenever possible, and we offer locally produced Hudson Valley fresh milk.
- Almost every bakery we use to supply baked goods is within 60 miles of our shop.
- Our used burlap coffee sacks are either used for packaging material, donated to local farmers to be re-used, or are given to local seamstresses to use as clothing or upholstery.
- We send all of our used coffee grounds to The Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, a local world renowned farm to table restaurant, for composting and fertilization.
- We make 2-3 donations per year to Tarrytown Focus on Veterans.
- We have sponsored a local little league baseball team for 15 years.
- We support local schools, The Food Bank for Westchester, arts programs, senior centers, the local farmers market, and many other local causes and organizations.
- We supply whole bean coffee to the local chapter of the Delancy Street Foundation, an organization dedicated to helping people who have fallen on hard times get back on their feet.