Sustainability in our Store
We have a responsibility to preserve our environment for future generations. That's why Coffee Labs has taken the necessary steps to become a three-star Green Certified Restaurant!
- We use as many green and sustainable cleaning products as possible. 75% of these products are green certified, and we use cloth rags for all cleaning.
- We have an arrangement with the local power company, Con Ed solutions, that allows us to have a very low carbon footprint. Our shop uses 35% Wind Power and 65% low-impact hydro electricity.
- All of our plastic cups are 100% compostable.
- Our paper goods supplier, Imperial Bag and Paper is a certified green restaurant distributor. They help provide us with post consumer recycled paper cups, napkins and whenever possible, java jackets.
- Imperial Bag and Paper also provides us with green certified cleaners and other items necessary for running a coffee shop.
- The benches outside our shop are made from teak grown on a 100% sustainable teak farm in Costa Rica.
- All light bulbs in our shop are compact florescent & Energy Star certified.
- We don't use any disposable plates or utensils for our cafe service to limit our plastic and paper waste.
- Our restroom is equipped with a low flush toilet and a low flow sink.
- When possible we use recycled and/or green office supplies, and always recycle all ink cartridges and paper.
- Whenever possible we choose a recycled or Energy Star Rated product. Many of our refrigerators and freezers are energy star certified.